The Great Hall is approx 600qm with places for 570 people (depending
on the seating arrangements), while the balcony is approx 240qm.
Together, they provide sufficient capacity for Concerts, Performances,
Meetings and Conferences.
The 162,4qm Little Hall is particularly suitable for Lectures,
Readings, Conferences, Meetings and Dance Performances.
Room 10/11 on the second floor can seat 150 people at
is suitable for Discussions, Meetings, Conferences and Rehearsals. It
is in fact two rooms connected by a dividing door. (Room 10: 14,4m x 7,4m, Room 11: 7,6m x 7,4m)
Covering over 396qm, the Foyer is suitable for small exhibitions.
Suitable for Meetings, Discussions and Rehearsals for up to 40
persons at 79.1qm. The use of these rooms is restricted due to the
need for renovation.
The Schaeffer Hall is approx 162,4qm with a capacity for 110 people
for Lectures, Readings, Conferences, Meetings and Dance Performances.
Media offered by the Volkshaus: Overhead Projector, Slide Projector,
Photocopying, CD and MC techniques, TV, Video Recording, a fixed stage
in the Great Hall, 48 platforms (2m x 1m), amplified house
installations for speech acoustics transmitting throughout the Great
Hall, the Foyer, the Little Hall and Schaeffer Hall. Mobile Lighting
System with 2 tripods, 6 floodlights, separate "Eurotruss"
crossing lights (6m high x 12m wide), stationary "Strand-Lighting"
light installations, stage managed for the Great Hall, Conference
installations with 30 speakers, JBL amplified installations, 2HMI
1.2kw trailing floodlights, 4m x 4m upright screens, 6m x 4m stage
pulled screens in the Great Hall.
Mobile seating: 85 folding tables (2m x 0,6m), 10 round tables
(Ø1,35m), 800 interlinked stackable chairs.
- 1 large Steinway Grand Piano ( Stage in the Great Room).
- 1 Steinway Clipped Grand Piano (Great Room).
- 1 Steinway Clipped Piano (Room 10/11).
- 1 Römhildt Clipped Piano (Foyer/Schaeffer Hall).
- 2 pianos.
The Sharp Organ in the Great Hall:
- Replaced the 1906 Organ by Max Reger in 1987.
- One of the new largest Organs in Thüringen.
- Built into the back wall of The Great Room.
- Technical Data:
- 61 stops
- 4.800 Organ pipes (up to 7m long)
- Mobile keyboard
- good sonority
- lightness and sharp Baroque Harmonium
- great crescendos
Artist Changing Room
- 4,60m x 3,20m Soloist room (+ 4qm Sanitary facilities with WC,
washbasin and Shower).
- 11,20m x 4m Changing room below the Stage (+ 2ca.
15qm large make
up room including 9qm sanitary facilities with WC; washbasin and